The concept of Internet advertising means you have numerous methods of advertising online. Internet advertising can be used as an efficient tool for website promotion. The various methods of Internet advertising are banner ads, search engine optimization and email marketing among others.
Ways of Website Promotion through Internet Marketing and Advertising
Internet advertising or rather online advertising is a popular way of establishing a market online. Business owners who have their potential customers as internet users can use the technique of internet advertising and marketing to promote their websites. The concept of internet advertising began in the year 1994 with the appearance of first advertisement on Hotwired’s Website.
Internet advertising as a marketing tool is also used by many Internet agencies, marketing agencies and advertising campaigns for promotion of products and services of their clients on the Internet. The Internet marketing and advertising agencies use the following ways for Internet advertising.
- Reviewing products and services by customers and companies on news groups
- Collecting data from search services
- Seeking and exchanging links
- Giving email updates and providing mailing lists related to products and services
- Providing facilities such as product listing, payment processing or shopping carts through web storefront.
Methods of Internet Advertising for Website Promotion
An Internet advertising or marketing agency can use several kinds of advertisements for promotion of products and services. Some methods of advertising on Internet are really very effective. Some popular forms of Internet advertising used by Internet advertising agencies are as follows:
- Banner Ads: These types of ads are normally in the shape of horizontal bars, which are placed on the top of web pages. These ads take one, to the webpage of advertiser through a single click. Banner ads can contain animations, various colors and graphics as well.
- Search Engine Optimization: This is an Internet advertising technique offered by various advertising agencies as we as web masters. The advertising and marketing agencies incorporate features that let target audience to search the websites through the use of keywords in search engines. The services offered by advertising agencies provide a bigger chance to the website to get good ranking on search engines.
- Sky- Scraper Ads: These ads are like banner ads in nature. These types of ads are placed in vertical order below the left or right hand side of web page. These kinds of advertisements remain in view of the user when he or she scrolls down the page. These ads also offer color, graphics and animation. Sky- scraper ads take the user to the webpage of an advertiser through a single click.
- Pop-up and Pop-down Ads: When one opens a website, small windows appear on it. Pop- ups appear on the screen and Pop-downs appear on the bar at the bottom of the screen. One has to click on them to get rid of them.
- Bridge Ads: These ads are also referred to as interstitial ads. They appear when one moves between the pages of website. One can close these ads. These types of ads are considered more effective than banner ads and pop up ads for the promotion of online business.
- Leaderboard Advert: This type of ad appears across the top of a page in a horizontal way. This ad can contain appealing colors, graphics and animations.
- Online Directories: These are equivalent to yellow pages. The online directories provide listings on the website. The detailed record of a company will be displayed on screen when one searches for it in online directories. The listings in an online directory are provided, in addition to printed version of directory.
- Sponsorships: There are two kinds of website sponsorships such as content sponsorship and regular sponsorship. In case of regular sponsorship, the advertiser is provided a virtual space to put the message and logo of the company. On the other hand, in case of content sponsorship the advertiser is provided a limited control as he or she can submit their content and advertisement on the site. The sponsorships continue for a fixed period. The sponsorships have to be made with limited websites to focus the target audience.
- Pay-per-Click: Ads are put in the homepage of a website and advertisers pay the amount according to the number of clicks on the website. The option of pay per click ads can be really very beneficial for promotion of an online business if the campaign related to it is prepared in a strategic manner by an advertising agency.
Evaluation of Internet Advertising
The trend of Internet advertising through Internet marketing and advertising agencies is becoming popular day by day. An advertiser can get detailed information of customer through Internet advertising service. There are many methods to evaluate the performance of Internet advertising service. The significant components used by Internet advertising agencies to evaluate performance of Internet advertising are as follows:
- Conversion Rate: This is a very important component to measure the performance of Internet advertisements. The conversion rate tells us about the percentage of customers who followed the call of Internet advertisements.
- Hit: Hit takes place when a server sends a request to display a file related to a website. The hit on a file does not always mean that a customer has seen it.
- Page View: The concept of page view is almost similar to the concept of hit. Page view takes place when web server sends request for display of a webpage.
- Impression: When an advertisement appears on a website only once, this process is called Impression.
- CPM: This refers to cost per thousand impressions. This is the cost of purchasing one thousand impressions.
- Traffic: The number of visitors pay visit to a website. The numbers of pages viewed by visitors is also the traffic of website.
- Stickiness: The amount of time spent by a visitor on a website. Stickiness is the measure to understand the involvement of each customer to a website.
- Unique Visitors: This is very important metric to evaluate the performance of online advertising. Unique visitors are people who pay visit to a website during a specific timeframe.
- Click Through: Click Through occurs when a consumer clicks an advertisement to gather information about a product or service.
- CTR: The percentage that shows the number of clicks after every hundred ad impressions.
The Technologies for Tracking Customers through Internet Advertising
There are some technologies in Internet marketing and advertising services which are used by advertising agencies to gather information about customers. Some of popular technologies used by advertising agencies are as follows:
Cookies are a text file used to gather information about the behavior of a customer. Cookies are of two types such as Session cookies and Persistent Cookies.
- Session Cookies: These kinds of files are stored on a website. These cookies collect data about customers when they visit a website. These cookies mainly collect non-PII such as IP address of a customer.
- Persistent cookies: These types of cookies are stored on the computer of the customers. These cookies collect PII and non-PII. The cookies collect information about sites to which the customer pays visit.
One can pay a visit to Trafficsoar.com for Internet marketing and advertising services.